Settings

Choose language

Sewist Pattern Demonstrations 16 posts, 6 writers, 120 readers, started 97 months ago

posted 97 months ago (Wednesday, May 18) by Lekala
I have created several short videos to demonstrate how the pattern designer works. 
I will add them to this thread and would love to hear your opinion :)

posted 97 months ago (Wednesday, May 18), edited 96 months ago by Lekala
Here's the first video in which I talk about some of the features of our online pattern designer:

posted 96 months ago (Friday, June 3) by treefrog
Wow!  This looks great.  I'm looking forward to this being available as it would save so much time.  When do you think it would be on-line?
This post has replies: ( #4 )

This post is reply to #3
posted 96 months ago (Friday, June 3) by Sewist
That's one of the big questions to the IT guys, but I hope this is a question of several weeks now.

I'll continue posting videos as soon as the new features are ready, showing new functions and such. Stay tuned! :)

posted 96 months ago (Sunday, June 12) by kellygregory
Really great. How much is this going to cost per month?
This post has replies: ( #6 )

This post is reply to #5
posted 96 months ago (Monday, June 13) by Lekala
We are working on the pricing policy at the moment, inclining to make it really affordable to a wide world of sewists :)
In any case during the beta stage most of the features will be available for free.
This post has replies: ( #8 )

posted 96 months ago (Monday, June 13) by kellygregory
Thank you, I'm looking forward to it.

This post is reply to #6
posted 77 months ago (Friday, December 15) by Casper60
I'm totally lost with all this technical stuff could you explained to me in simple terms how I could access this software and and use it. Would this just be my own designs or are there any designs you have created and we need to add our own measurements?
Thanks
Chris

posted 77 months ago (Thursday, December 21) by Sewist
Hello Chris,

The software itself is flexible to the same extent that you as a pattern designer are. You may draft literally anything you want given the tools and if you refer to the size measurements (sz constants) the software will automatically redraft your pattern for any size combinations.

If you would like to test our designs first, there are several options:

1) Use the templates in Editor window and after the pattern is loaded, change it further by using the tools such as cut, spread, split, etc. This will require the technical side unfortunately.

2) Use the Mix-and-Match tool to get basic sloper or skirt patterns (we are working on adding other garments as well)

3) Proceed to the store and get a pattern to your measurements. 

In case you would like to try the first option, I'd be happy to help with using the tools. We may actually do this in the most public mode, as in you settle on an idea, start a pattern and I shall be looking and helping and commenting whatever issues you may run into. How does this sound?

posted 77 months ago (Monday, January 8) by Sewist
I have been playing with reconstructing a dress pattern with bell sleeves and pleated cuffs, and there were a couple of interesting tweaks. 

For example, the pleats on the cuff were made using a cycle. If you are interested, have a look at this public algorithm - I tried to add comments as I drafted, but if something is unclear I'd be happy to chat more :)

posted 77 months ago (Monday, January 8), edited 77 months ago by Sewist
Another exercise in pattern reconstruction - this time it happened to be a rather advanced one. Don't get scared at the length of the code - it is mostly that long because of all the comments and explanations :) 

The pattern is a bit WIP as of today - I am going to continue on it tomorrow. 

I allowed export of pattern blocks in case anyone wants to test it :)

ETA to fix link
This post has replies: ( #16 )

posted 72 months ago (Sunday, May 13), edited 72 months ago by Sewist
Post deleted

posted 72 months ago (Sunday, May 13), edited 72 months ago by Sewist
Working on an interesting dress pattern that was discussed here:

posted 72 months ago (Tuesday, May 15) by Sewist
Just another screen to show how the darts were manipulated:

This post has replies: ( #15 )

This post is reply to #14
posted 72 months ago (Tuesday, May 15) by Sewist
And the small printout:

This post is reply to #11
posted 72 months ago (Wednesday, May 23) by ulooop
I am trying to open this code and look at the pattern , but it gives system error...
This post has replies: ( #17 )

This post is reply to #16
posted 72 months ago (Friday, May 25) by Sewist
Hello, I just checked the settings, should open fine, maybe it was a temporary glitch? Could you please try again and copy whatever it says in the System messages please? Thanks!