Settings

Choose language

Printing Issues 17 posts, 7 writers, 62 readers, started 77 months ago

posted 77 months ago (Saturday, December 9) by hardcorebywky
Has anyone had problems printing a pattern in real size? Specifically, getting the PDF to generate? No matter what I try or which pattern I use, I can't get the PDF to generate. I gives me Error 100: This item can not be saved. Any suggestions?

posted 77 months ago (Monday, December 11) by Sewist
Hello @hardcorebywky, could you give me the pattern id? I'll have a look :)
This post has replies: ( #4 )

posted 77 months ago (Monday, December 11) by hardcorebywky
I believe the numbers are 283 and 284. Named "Basic Wrestling Trunks- Front Piece" and "Basic Wrestling Trunks- Back Piece"

This post is reply to #2
posted 77 months ago (Tuesday, December 12) by hardcorebywky
I believe the numbers are 283 and 284. Named "Basic Wrestling Trunks- Front Piece" and "Basic Wrestling Trunks- Back Piece"

posted 77 months ago (Tuesday, December 12) by Sewist
Could you try again please? We fixed the glitch, should be working fine now :)

posted 76 months ago (Monday, January 1) by mwklaw
Hi
I  have the same printing issue as mentioned above. My pattern number is: 291. Thanks

posted 76 months ago (Monday, January 8) by Sewist
Fixed!

posted 74 months ago (Thursday, March 1) by Lindab
AAAHHH maybe I have found where I needed to ask about my problem.   I have six tries to get a copy of the poncho with notched collar to print.  I have asked many times and I do get a response but the problem still exists and I cannot get anything to print.  My numbers are as follows:  1470-1510-1866-1885-2011-2050.  I really don't need all of them just one will do but I kept trying as I would get response to my inquiries.  I really do like this poncho as I have not seen one like it anywhere else and I don't know how to do this on my own without a pattern.  Thanks for the help.  Linda Buehler

posted 68 months ago (Monday, August 20) by Valentin
Has any of the previous poster been able to print?
If notbit looks like the issue had not been resolved as I have the same problem.
My pattern ID is 662.
Any idea when this will be resolved.
Also it state that the pattern cannot be exported.
Any idea why?
What do I need to do to resolve that.
This post has replies: ( #10 )

This post is reply to #9
posted 68 months ago (Friday, August 24) by Sewist
Dear Valentin,

We have recently printed a number of patterns for internal use, and there were no issues of the kind.

Could you please provide more details? As in what format you are exporting the pattern to if you are using any external templates ets? Thanks!

posted 67 months ago (Sunday, September 16) by jne4sl
I'm no longer getting pattern edges in pdfs.  Just faint seam allowances, pattern markings, and default page markings.
When I hit "Generate PDF" I see the pattern lines fade (but still visible) for a moment.  But in the generated file, their imperceptible. 
E.g.:
ID 9045 on 9/16/18, the lines are missing
ID 9018 on 9/13/18, lines are present but a little too faint
Randomly looking at an older file:
ID 8129 on 8/14/18, lines are fairly heavy
This post has replies: ( #12 )

This post is reply to #11
posted 67 months ago (Tuesday, September 18) by Sewist
Hello, the lines are there, but maybe too thin - we were fixing the 'fairly heavy' issue... We are going to make them thicker, just grey for seam allowances and black for pattern contour, will release today!
This post has replies: ( #13 #17 )

This post is reply to #12
posted 67 months ago (Tuesday, September 18) by jne4sl
great!

posted 67 months ago (Tuesday, September 18) by rroettge
Hello, it's my first time trying Sewist. So I started with the free pattern for a top. Everything works great until I try to generate the PDF-file. Under the System messages it reports: Error 100: can not save item.
What am I doing wrong?

Here is the link from my editor page:

Thanks in advance
Ruth
This post has replies: ( #15 )

This post is reply to #14
posted 67 months ago (Tuesday, September 18), edited 67 months ago by Sewist
Dear Ruth,

I have just tried the sequence, under a regular user, and was able to save the file. Maybe it was a particular size that caused the error? Could you probably PM the size details to me and I'll have a look?

ETA for typos

posted 67 months ago (Wednesday, September 19) by mwklaw
Hi,

I just used sewist CAD to draft my own pattern. However after status showed "complete" with my pdf and readme, I clicked on the icons and it shows "404" error.

ID: 9137 & 9139 

Please help.

Thanks

Monica

This post is reply to #12
posted 67 months ago (Monday, September 24), edited 67 months ago by jne4sl
So, my lines are working on some programs, but I have one program in particular that still isn't showing up.  It's #737 (Short kimono base (DP) - women), I just made it public.  I generated a pdf on 9/20, job 9223, that worked.  Since then, I only see the seam allowances and markings, not the pattern edges.  E.g. job 9339 just now.  I have made changes to the program over this time, but in the editor I see the lines, just not in the pdf.  This is a program where I rotate some pattern notches and at one point that was causing a problem.

I just tried, printing after turning off the "Inc()" lines of the patterns to eliminate the markings, but I still have no lines.

I guess, you're still working on the lines, I now see this isn't particular to this pattern, other patterns that were working also don't show up.