Settings

Choose language

Printing Issues 4 posts, 2 writers, 20 readers, started 48 months ago

posted 48 months ago (Sunday, May 3) by lauralex
Hello, My printer does not support border-less printing and therefore there is a centimeter cut off the end of each pattern page. Is there anyway to increase the 'cut away' area around the pattern to avoid this issue?

posted 48 months ago (Monday, May 4) by Sewist
Hello, 

I believe there shouldn't be a problem if 1 cm is cut off, since the margin should be equal to or larger than that, and that area is blank anyway. In general, the printers should interpret the file correctly if the scale is set to 100%.

Is the scale square correct, the one on the first page? It has both cm and inches marks on it.

posted 48 months ago (Monday, May 4) by lauralex
Hello, thanks for your response. Just to clarify, 1 cm of the actual pattern is cut off, not just the margin. The scale square is correct, the pattern is true to size, but the margin around the pattern is not big enough for my printer as cuts off the image. Therefore I need a way of somehow increasing the size of the margin on the pdf document.

posted 48 months ago (Monday, May 4) by lauralex
Quick update: it finally worked! I use a mac computer and I had to open the file in preview rather than adobe reader for some unknown reason. But I finally have my pattern now!