Settings

Choose language

Sleeve 9 posts, 2 writers, 26 readers, started 40 months ago

posted 40 months ago (Sunday, December 27) by sewing_1234
Hello,

I have sewn a dress using a pattern generated by the online pattern designer. I have a sleeve fitting problem (this is the long sleeve on the pattern designer). As you can see in the picture, there are lines near the elbow. It almost feels like the sleeve is twisted to the inside. Is there a way I can alter the pattern for better fit for upcoming projects?

Thank you
This post has replies: ( #2 )

This post is reply to #1
posted 40 months ago (Monday, December 28) by Sewist
Hello,

I'd be happy to look into this for you, could you please let me know the order number? Thanks!

posted 40 months ago (Wednesday, December 30), edited 40 months ago by sewing_1234
Thank you so much. Here is the order number:  #26808

posted 40 months ago (Saturday, January 2) by Sewist
Hello, I have checked the sleeve, and its shape and the shape of the armholes look correct.

Could you kindly confirm that the upper T mark on the sleeve does match the shoulder seam? It looks as it might be a bit further towards the back.

And I do apologise for the delay, I was away for the New Year holidays and just got back.

posted 40 months ago (Monday, January 4) by sewing_1234
Thank you so much for your reply and Happy New Year :)
I double checked and I can confirm that the T mark matches the shoulder seam. I seem to have excess fabric near the armpit and twisting on the sleeves. It appears like the excess fabric needs to be tucked in on the front of the sleeve. Is there anything I should edit on the measurements?
This post has replies: ( #6 )

This post is reply to #5
posted 40 months ago (Thursday, January 7), edited 40 months ago by Sewist
Happy New Year! :)
It sounds more like the position of the shoulder seam may be not right. I will double check again and will get back to you by email. :)
This post has replies: ( #7 #8 )

This post is reply to #6
posted 40 months ago (Wednesday, January 13) by sewing_1234
Thank you so much. I have checked my inbox on the website but I haven't received anything yet. Just making sure I didn't miss out on any communications.

This post is reply to #6
posted 39 months ago (Thursday, January 21) by sewing_1234
Hello! I am just following up on this. I can't wait to start my new project and I would like to make sure I address the sleeve fitting issue. Thank you so much.
This post has replies: ( #9 )

This post is reply to #8
posted 39 months ago (Saturday, January 23) by Sewist
Hello, I have sent you more details by email. :)