Einstellungen

Choose language

Any tips for denim topstitching? 3 Beiträge, 3 Schriftsteller, 46 Leser, angefangen vor 99 Monaten

gepostet vor 99 Monaten (Friday, February 19), bearbeitet vor 99 Monaten von strawberry
I'm working on some jeans right now, and I've been having a bad time. 

I've tried: 

Denim needles, topstitching needles
Specialty jeans topstitching thread, Coats all-purpose thread, Coats heavyweight thread, Gutermann decorative thread
Using a normal thread in the bobbin and the heavier thread on the top
Using the same thread both in the bobbin and on top
Adjusting the tension dial
Adjusting the bobbin tension 
Doubling up on thread on the top
Using the Janome triple-stitch for a "meatier" stitch look

...but I can't quite get a look I'm consistently happy with. 

So, is there a particular combination of things you do that's working for you? I'd love to hear how other people are managing it. 

Dieser Beitrag hat Antworten: ( #2 )

Dieser Beitrag ist eine Antwort auf #1
gepostet vor 57 Monaten (Monday, July 29) von MissyFlynn
I know how frustrating that can be. I've had the same problem.

I hate to say it, but some of the newer machines just don't facilitate top-stitching very well. 

I got the best results after investing in the Singer Heavy-Duty 4452. I only use it for denim and leather projects. Buying a new machine shouldn't be the fix, but for me it was.

In hindsight, I may have invested instead in tools, such as a walking foot and clearance plate. Those really made a difference------they were included with the Heavy Duty Singer, but they can purchased separately for most any machine.

gepostet vor 25 Monaten (Wednesday, March 9) von AndiCrew
I understand how aggravating it can be. The same thing happened to me.
I hate to say it, but some of the newer machines aren't very good at top-stitching.
After purchasing the Singer Heavy-Duty 4452, I was able to achieve the best results. I only use it for projects involving denim and leather. Buying a new machine should not be the solution, but it was for me.
In retrospect, I should have spent the money on tools like a walking foot and clearance plate. Those made a huge difference—-they came with the Heavy Duty Singer, but you can get them separately for almost any machine.

gepostet vor 2 Monaten (Tuesday, January 16), bearbeitet vor 2 Monaten von saxophonebritish_gmail
Beitrag gelöscht